Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Science reflection

Lucas giving the cabbage juice to Felipe while Camilla is holding the funnel.
     In the beginning of the first quarter, we started learning about the proper clothing for wearing during lab time and their names.  We also learned how to determine which chemicals are dangerous. In addition we studied names of certain tools.  We had some quizzes on which tools should be used and what time.  As an example, when dissecting objects we should certainly use the dissecting pin, the dissecting plate, tweezers, etc. When doing all these awesome experiments we always take off jewelry,  watches and big heavy coats. We put on gloves, lab coat and glasses.
Lucas holding the graduate cylinder while Isaac pours in a chemical.
     This first quarter I think my learning habits were pretty good.  I think I did best on the learning habit called responsibility.  I think for responsibility I would grade myself a 4, because I always bring my materials to class, and never get late.  I think for inclusive I gave myself a 3, because I usually try to invite other people to work with me.  I gave myself a 3, for being risk taking and perseverance because I try my best to say the answers out loud and because I try my best even if it is hard.  One example is after working with chemicals in class, when it was over and I had to go to my bus I  remembered that my table wasn't clean from doing the experiment, so I went to clean because it can be dangerous.  I would grade myself a 3 for curious, because I usually try to know what is going to happen next in class.  I always try to predict what class will be like and what were going to do.
Lucas and Isaac writing down our answers.
      During this first quarter I had lots of fun working with my friends and new people.  While doing these experiments and working hard, I learned many new things.  As an example,  to see the exact amount of chemical that needs to be put inside a test tube, you need to look at a straight angle.  I also learned that unnecessary materials should be kept under your desk at all times for the materials not to get ruined and for them not to occupy too much space.  A couple of examples of unnecessary materials are a pencil case and computers.  Always clean  your table after used, because someone may sit on your chair, put their elbow on the table, and find out there was acid on the table. Experiments may be tough IF you don't follow the rules, step by step.
   
   
                                                                                                                                    


  

No comments:

Post a Comment